Generess Fe and Augmentin

Patient : I am currently taking Generess Fe and have recently been prescribed Augmentin for a sinus infection what is the likely hood of it interfering with my birth control
Doctor :   Hello, Antibiotics with penicillin group of drugs are known to decrease the efficacy of birth control pills and it is advisable that an additional barrier contraception may be used in form of condoms for a week more than the usage of augmentin along with birth control pills to provide protection from pregnancy. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards