x
Browse
182 Physicians Online

Question:

Genital Warts and Surgery

Well me and my girlfriend have sex constantly her ex gave her genital warts and she had surgry to get them removed am i able to catch this even tho she had the surgry

Answer:

Genital Warts and caused by a the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Surgery may be recommended if the warts do not respond to medical treatment, are widespread or the patient is pregnant.
In 50% of HPV cases treated with surgery, the warts return.
Furthermore, the HPV virus is transmittable even when the warts are not visibly present.
To answer your questions - YES - you are at risk of acquiring genital warts and should practice safe sex in all your relationships to reduce your likelihood of acquiring them.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA