Get rid of the wheezing

Patient

Q: I think I have bronchitis. Thick chest congestion and sinus drainage, but I can't seem to get it up and out of my chest. I don't have a fever any longer, my neck glands are no longer sensitive to the touch. I dealt with all that a few days ago. Now I'm left with this rattling cough, and a wheezing chest . Three nights a not much sleep. The small amount of stuff that does come up is dark yellow, not green yet. Help!

Symptoms:  Coughing, sinus drainage
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The symptoms you have described are consistent with an upper respiratory tract infection which is caused by a bacterial infection of the lungs. We would like you to go to your doctor to be examined and have an x ray performed to assess the severity of this infection. You will likely be prescribed a course of antibiotics to treat this infection. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com