Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Getting bites on my skin when i wake up They

Getting bites on my skin when i wake up They

Patient: Getting bites on my skin when i wake up. They look like misquito bites. Im wondering maybe i have dust mites in my blankets or something but im not sure. Makes me wake up in the middle of the night to itch.

Symptoms: Just itching and misquito like bumps.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I understand your concern.From the photograph and det ails, it seems that you have got insect bite dermatitis.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area followed by a combination of antibiotic and steroid like hydrocortisone.Along with oral antihistaminics like levocetirizine is advised for symptomatic relief.You may do icing of the area.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.