Getting married at thirty nine

Patient

Q: I'm 39 years old and going to get married for the first time.I didn't have any sexual contacts.what would be the best method of contraception for me

Doctor

A:   You may choose any method of contraception, however if you plan to have kids in short term, it would be best, to avoid the use of depo provera or any implant that may have long term contraceptive effects. This is because, coming off such contraception may take longer for regular ovulation to resume (decreasing the chances of getting pregnant) and considering the age factor, it may become more difficult to conceive.