Getting pregnant after hysterectomy

Q: Good afternoon Doctor, my name is Theresa and am 20 years. I have a problem of which i would kindly want you to brief me about. Actually, i terminated a pregnancy two months ago and in the cause,i ended up losing my Uterus. Please Doctor, is there any possibility that i can become pregnant again and is my Monthly period going to stop or change? Please kindly help me with this as am very much worried. thank you.

A:   I do understand your concern, unfortunately there is no way that you can get pregnant after removal of the uterus. However, if your ovaries are still intact, the eggs can then be removed, fertilized outside the body, and a surrogate can then become pregnant and carry your baby. You will not have monthly periods after uterus removal. I wish you well, take care.