Getting pregnant after stopping the depo injection

Patient

Q: Hi I stopped my depo injection on 3rd October 2014, I had some sporting end of October and mid November. On 7th December I notced bleeding which lasted until 17th on and off, very light so not sure if this was my period. I was expecting to have my period on 4th January but still nothing, could that have been my first period since coming off depo and is there a chance that it might stop again. We are trying to conceive so very anxious

Symptoms:  Dizziness, tired and nausea and bloated
Doctor

A:   After stopping the depot, women usually regain their fertility almost immediately or within the next 3 months. If you have missed your periods and have been trying to conceive, there is a possibility that you could be pregnant.
The best way to find out is to take a home pregnancy test. It is an easy, do it -yourself kind of test which is highly reliable if correctly done.
A good time to test would be early in the morning with the first sample of urine after an overnight sleep.
In case the test is negative, wait for another 2 - 3 weeks for your periods to begin. In case of a delay longer than that visit a gynecologist or your family planning advisor for an opinion regarding the same.