Getting pregnant after stopping the depo injection

Patient: Hi I stopped my depo injection on 3rd October 2014, I had some sporting end of October and mid November. On 7th December I notced bleeding which lasted until 17th on and off, very light so not sure if this was my period. I was expecting to have my period on 4th January but still nothing, could that have been my first period since coming off depo and is there a chance that it might stop again. We are trying to conceive so very anxious

Symptoms: Dizziness, tired and nausea and bloated

Doctor: After stopping the depot, women usually regain their fertility almost immediately or within the next 3 months. If you ha ve missed your periods and have been trying to conceive, there is a possibility that you could be pregnant.The best way to find out is to take a home pregnancy test. It is an easy, do it -yourself kind of test which is highly reliable if correctly done.A good time to test would be early in the morning with the first sample of urine after an overnight sleep.In case the test is negative, wait for another 2 – 3 weeks for your periods to begin. In case of a delay longer than that visit a gynecologist or your family planning advisor for an opinion regarding the same.