Getting pregnant after taking oral contraceotives for a month.

Patient

Q: Ive been on birth control foer a month and i want to try haveing a baby i stop taking it at the end of them month how soon can we try

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about pregnancy after using contraceptives. Since you only took contraceptives for a month, you might try as soon as a week after going off your pills.
On the other hand, women who take contraceptives for years sometimes need one or two cycles for their body to start releasing fertile eggs again. I wish you a successful pregnancy. I would also like to suggest you taking pre natal vitamins.