Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Getting pregnant after taking oral contraceotives for a month.

Getting pregnant after taking oral contraceotives for a month.

Patient: Ive been on birth control foer a month and i want to try haveing a baby i stop taking it at the end of them month how soon can we try

Doctor: I understand your concern about pregnancy after using contraceptives. Since you only took contraceptives for a month, yo u might try as soon as a week after going off your pills.On the other hand, women who take contraceptives for years sometimes need one or two cycles for their body to start releasing fertile eggs again. I wish you a successful pregnancy. I would also like to suggest you taking pre natal vitamins.