Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Getting stretch marks quickly

Getting stretch marks quickly

Patient: I am getting stretch mark very quickly and i am not eating too much food, should i see a doctor about this

Symptoms: Stretch marks,

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.Stretch marks can occur in persons with sudden excess weight gain and weight loss, hyperthyroidism, person on oral or topical steroids.These are most commonly causes implicated in the causation of stretch marks.If no cause is found, it is called idiopathic.For treatment, various treatment modalities available are:1) Laser2)Dermaroller3)Glycolic acid peel4)Silicone gel5) Vitamin E creamVisit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care