Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > GF has pain after sex

GF has pain after sex

Patient: Hi, my girlfriend and I have been dating for a year now and about six months I left school for summer break from college. A month later she came to visit and we had sex but this time it hurt for her and this has not been the case. She says it feels like she is being torn. But however from the time we met to the six month mark we had sex daily and both enjoyed it and it would last about 30-40 mins. Around the same time my girl friend started hurting with sex I started having issues lasting. Sometimes it can be 45 seconds other times maybe 10 mins most but I cant seem to make myself last any longer. So I really don’t know if it’s me or her, or if it’s fix able or not

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Infections of the genital organs, local abrasions during in tercourse, psychological factors like anxiety etc can lead to problems in personal life.As both of you are having problems, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.By physical and local examinations and by investigations like vaginal swab culture and sensitivity for female and semen analysis for male, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.