GI issue possible blood in stool

Patient

Q: 37 year old female, 5'6" 130 lbs all vitAls are normaly exelent. Not sure what they are today. I had a sudden urge to have a bm this morning and imediatly noticed a some what fimilliar odor. The consistancy of my stool was very loose and sillilar looking to a patient with c-diff but the color is
black and if. I can remember what a gi bleed smells like I think I have blood in my sool. I have thought about the past week or so and I have had upper right side pain for several days ranging from mild to modderate. I am concerned but also know they body hs a funny way of taking care of things. Should I contact my doctor rite away or give it a few days?
Sincerly Katherine

Doctor