GiGS (Grass is Greener Syndrome)

Patient : Topic: Relationship Health, Psychology, Mental Health. I am wondering if GiGS (Grass is Greener Syndrome) has been entered into the medical books as a real syndrome. I suspect my ex-girlfriend suffered from this based on all the information I have found online; however, I would like to know if I should believe in this "syndrome" that appears to be quite common (there are also several books about GiGS). In short, GiGS is when one partner of a relationship thinks they can do better (grass is greener on the other side) so they dump or divorce their partner without any solid excuse. Note: All people I have discussed GiGS with have seen symptoms of BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) in their Ex or themselves at the time of the breakup. Just wondering if there is any medical evidence of this "Syndrome". If so I would like a link to this evidence or a doctors opinion.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. What you are referring to as 'Grass is greener syndrome' is not a current documented psycho logical syndrome in the practice of psychiatry. Although what you have described could be observed in borderline personality disorder, this requires a more in depth evaluation by a psychiatrist. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com