Girl friend already has irregular periods problem...is it safe to have sex and use i pill?

Patient : Hello doc,my girlfriend n I are planing to have sex next week. both of us are virgin.I wil be using a condom but still to be on a safer side, i will give her an i-pill also. The problem is: she already gets irregular periods .she has consulted her doctor regarding this irregularity and has been taking medicines for over an year now. I have read that i-pill can lead to irregular periods . i want to know is it safe for her to have sex??? as i said,i will be using a condom then i wil give her the contraceptive pill. also,is one tablet sufficient or should i give her 2 tablets?..what should be the dosage?? and when she can use the urine pregnancy test to ensure she is not pregnant? i hope i wil get an reply from you as soon as possible as i m really worried for her health...thanking you in advance..