Girlfriends depression, how do I support her?

Patient : Hi, I am proudly engaged to a wonderful woman whom I love above everything else. She is so great is so many ways and I am truly lucky to have her i my life. She has had a very rough past that she is still struggling with. She was married for a few years and they had a kid together who live together with us now. Their marriage ended on a very rough basis and she was destroyed and hurt in the process, something she is still struggling with on a daily basis. Her past before was also harsh and she had a very tough life being in the middle of her parents divorce and never having the love from a family that she should really have. There has never really been anyone in her life supporting her in the ways she need it. Her past caused her to go into a deep depression going through multiple therapy periods and being on anti depressant medicine which she still is. Although I know she loves me deeply, her past has hurt her so much to a point where she is just generally unhappy, has a hard time to rely on me or anyone and just has a rough time displaying any sort of affection. I tell her that I will always be here for here and I would support her through anything and do anything for her to one day be able to be happy. Somedays it seams to work, others, it is just hopeless, she is just in a horrible mood, she finds her self repulsive and prefers just to stay in bed. She also has a very short temper and takes the anger out on me or others in her surroundings although I know she doesnt really mean it. When I first met her I didnt really understand depression and after reading more about it I know there is little I can do to help her to make it right. However, I love her so much, I want to be that person who brings stability to her life and I want to guide her to at least feel better in the future. My question is first what I should do to help her? Should I take her to a therapist and join myself so I can be better at supporting her, take her to see if her medication is actually right for her? How should I as a person be there for her in order for in the best possible way be that support and guide for her out of the darkness? I have tried a lot of things and tried to make her focus on the positives and I know i shouldnt take it personal but I just want her to be able to be happy. I appreciate all the help and guidance I can get.
Symptoms:  Depression, Anger, non sufficient, lack of sexual attraction, mood swings, unhappiness