Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Glandular Fever ongoing effects?

Glandular Fever ongoing effects?

Patient: Hi, just a quick question, approx 5 weeks ago had 2 bouts of what seemed like a throat infection, really sore throat etc. After about a week starting feeling soreness in legs and also some pain in neck lymph nodes. Went to the doctor last week and he said that i did have glandular fever at some point but i do not have it now, however the fatigue/leg soreness and sore lymph nodes are worse than ever. I know the effects of gf can linger for a while, but is this normal? Male, 41 years old.

Symptoms: Sore lymph nodes, fatigue

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.Yes, weakness caused by glandular fever persists for long, say around 2 weeks.Howev er, i case you have any lymph node or fever persisting, you require evaluation.If yes, the i advise you following investigations:1. Hemogram with ESR2. Chest Xray.If you are just feeling weak, increase fruits and green leafy vegetables in diet.You can also take a multivitamin like Becosule and Zincovit for a few days.Drink plenty of water.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.