Glandular Fever ongoing effects?

Patient

Q: Hi, just a quick question, approx 5 weeks ago had 2 bouts of what seemed like a throat infection, really sore throat etc. After about a week starting feeling soreness in legs and also some pain in neck lymph nodes. Went to the doctor last week and he said that i did have glandular fever at some point but i do not have it now, however the fatigue/leg soreness and sore lymph nodes are worse than ever. I know the effects of gf can linger for a while, but is this normal? Male, 41 years old.

Symptoms:  Sore lymph nodes, fatigue
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
Yes, weakness caused by glandular fever persists for long, say around 2 weeks.
However, i case you have any lymph node or fever persisting, you require evaluation.
If yes, the i advise you following investigations:
1. Hemogram with ESR
2. Chest Xray.

If you are just feeling weak, increase fruits and green leafy vegetables in diet.
You can also take a multivitamin like Becosule and Zincovit for a few days.
Drink plenty of water.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.