Glucose level at 140

Patient : I ate about 2 1/2 hours ago and by glucose level was 140. Is that normal/okay? Should I be tested for pre diabetes?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Normal post-meal blood sugar levels are around 120. A reading of 140 is not something to worry about. If you have a history of diabetes in your family and want to prevent developing this condition we strongly recommend you adopt a lifestyle of regular exercise, with a diet low in sugar, and rich in vegetables and lean protein. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com