Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Going through the menopause?

Going through the menopause?

Patient: Am I going through the menopause at 41, I’m asking because I recently have started sweating excessively at night and also during the day.

Doctor: I understand your concern for your symptoms of excessive sweating. Women often experience a variety of symptoms that inc lude hot flashes or flushes, insomnia, weight gain and bloating, mood changes, irregular menses, mastodynia, depression, and headache. Women who are in menopause may be prone for osteoporosis and coronary artery disease. You may need to take hormonal replacement therapy if your symptoms are severe.

Guest: I do not sweat.I’mm 67 years old and my PMS/Ovulation is getting very painful. My period stopped when I was 50 years old. Everybody tells me that I can’t be ovulating, well I guess someone should tell my body that. I start like on the 20th of the month and can go on for 10 days. No depression, no sweats, mood swings just the pain I have when I’m ovulating. Someone help me please. I have a Dr. appt. 6/6 and I’m going to ask her for an hormone imbalance test.