Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Golf sized hard Lump in lower right abdomen near pelvis

Golf sized hard Lump in lower right abdomen near pelvis

Patient: Golf sized hard Lump in lower right abdomen near pelvis (close to csection scar) has increased in size over last 2 months and has become very painful to touch with a hot sensation that radiates across the abdomen from the lump area. First noticed less then a year ago it Used to come with my menstrual cycle but would get smaller and wasn’t painful. It now is constant and larger.

Golf sized hard Lump in low...-1

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your history, possibly the lump could be due t o scar endometriosis.Endometriosis is a condition where endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus.It increases in size during menstruation due to hormonal effect.As the size of the lump is increasing and as it is painful, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.By clinical examination and ultrasound, the exact cause of the problem can be diagnosed and treated.Take care.