Good afternoon Seems like some of my numbers are offmy
Patient :Good afternoon. Seems like some of my numbers are off...my HDL is consistently low even though i don't smoke or drink. I am a runner and eat a healthy diet even though i don't eat much good fat. Also my BUN number is always higher than the range. I am 52 5'6 173lbs. Thoughts? Thanks.
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 186 N mg/dL 125-200 F
HDL CHOLESTEROL 37 L mg/dL > OR = 40 F
TRIGLYCERIDES 153 H mg/dL
Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and understood your concern. Please find my observation below.
> I have seen the results of your lipid panel, and here are my findings:
- CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 186 N mg/dL 125-200 F---- which is within the normal range.
- HDL CHOLESTEROL 37 L mg/dL > OR = 40 F ---which is just less than the normal, but however it is not significantly less.
- TRIGLYCERIDES 153 H mg/dL ---- within normal range more or less.
> There is nothing to worry as such. Follow these tips to cut your cholesterol and get back on the road to good health.
- Say no to TRANS FAT, they’re found in fried foods, baked goods (cakes, pie crusts, frozen pizza, and cookies), and stick margarines.
- See that you are consuming not more than 1600 calories a day.
- Make Physical exercise a daily part of your routine life. Spend at least 10-15 minutes per day in brisk walking, jogging, running, cycling..etc.
- Eat a well balanced diet, more of fruits and salads, fish and fiber rich foods.
- Use olive oil for cooking food.
- Keep yourself free from tension. Do yoga and meditation to relieve yourself.
- And yes avoid smoking and drinking alcohol, which you already do.:)
Hope I have answered your question in detail.
Wish you good health.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.