Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Good day, My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex two day

Good day, My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex two day

Patient: Good day,My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex two days ago. The following afternoon I had an itchy and upon inspection I discovered that I had a rush on my penis. The itching is only slight but the rash seems to cover most of penis head and part of my foreskin (I am uncircumcised).When I spoke about this to my girlfriend, she said she has an infection which she thought is normal since she is pregnant and that could have caused my rash and itch.Could this be just a normal infection or STI?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.A rash on the penis, followi ng unprotected intercourse mostly indicates an STI like herpes and it is better both the partners get tested. Since she is carrying, herpes can cause severe complications later on in the pregnancy.Hope this was helpful,Regards.