Ask The Doctor > Pending > Good Day, my hubby and i found out last week

Good Day, my hubby and i found out last week

Patient: Good Day, my hubby and i found out last week we are 5 weeks pregnant, today is 6 weeks. My Dr did a scan last week to ensure baby was not ectopic. It is another 2-3 weeks before i can do another scan to see if baby is still alive. I am now driving myself insane wondering if the baby is still alive. This is our first baby and I am petrified of having a miscarriage. i have quite bad morning sickness but am controlling it by eating regularly and healthy, also i do not drink alcohol and no caffeine, i do however smoke. From last week i have come down from +- 20 cigarettes per day to approximately 4 per day, i am Also taking Pregnavit M, Folic Acid Forte and Calcium Tablets. Anything else i should be taking and what are the change of having a miscarriage? Why am i so stressed out about losing our baby? I am 29 years old, 30 in 4 months

Symptoms: None

Doctor: