Good evening dr I am suffering from Thyphad from last 8

Patient

Q: Good evening dr
I am suffering from Thyphad from last 8 days.
Dr has advised me to take either ceftas or taxim 200 az.
so can u please help me what should I do

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern.
Typhoid fever requires high dose antibiotics and long duration treatment. You need to be sure that you really have typhoid fever as the widal test done for typhoid fever doesn't have good sensitivity. As far as treatment of typhoid is concerned, you need to take the antibiotics as advised by your doctor. Most commonly used antibiotics are Azithromycin, Cefixime, Levofloxacin.
Dose and duration is decided based on the severity of the infection and your body weight.

Share my opinion with your doctor.
Stay Healthy