Good evening, My blood pressure has been way too high lat

Patient

Q: Good evening,

My blood pressure has been way too high lately. Earlier, after laying in bed for an hour, it was 135/121 (no caffeine writhing past hour and a half). My question: is there a significance in the bottom number coming so close to the top?

Thank you,

Symptoms:  General sense of feeling ill/weak.
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

If Your Diastolic BP readings are very high, you would require to see your doctor, who would investigate you and start you on anti hypertensive medications.
Once your BP comes to a desired level on the medications, you have to continue those medicines as your BP is controlled on the medicines and not spontaneously.
I would advise you following investigations:
1. Kidney Function tests
2. Thyroid profile
3. Fasting Blood sugar
4. Fasting Lipid Profile
5. ECG.
I would advise you to get these investigations done. Based on the reports your doctor will start you on medications that would get your BP under control.
Commonly used anti hypertensives are Amlodipine, Metoprolol, Telmisartan, Diuretics.
At your age BP should not exceed more then 130/80 mmHg.
You should avoid pickle, alcohol, namkeen. Take low salt, and oil free diet.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy