Good morning On Dec 22,2014 I was 7 weeks 6 days

Patient

Q: Good morning
On Dec 22,2014 I was 7 weeks 6 days pregnant and unfortunately no heart beat was found. I decided to allow miscarriage to proceed naturally. Unfortunately it did not and on January 10 I took misoprostol. I bled for about a week. Once or twice during the last week of January noted a tiny spec of blood when wiping after using restroom. This occurred I think 2 or 3 times. Then on Feb 3 I started what I think is a period. But it has been dark brown with occasional red blood. It resembles the end of a period. Not heavy. Also with some tiny "tissue" like at the end of a perIod. No pain or cramping. Unfortunately I missed my followup last week due to family emergency. Last night I did a pregnancy test and it was very faint positive. I have not had intercourse since finding out I was pregnant. My question is, I know retained products can cause positive pregnancy test, but would I necessarily.need a d&c or could we wait to see if this "period" flushes everything out?
My doc is out of town until Friday and I am just wondering....
thank you

Doctor