Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Got birth control implanted in my arm two days ago

Got birth control implanted in my arm two days ago

Patient: Got birth control implanted in my arm two days ago and now have yellow watery diarrhea would the birth control cause that

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Diarrhea can occur after implant of birth control. You have not mentioned the name of birth implant, so i am unable to help you better.You should talk to your doctor, if she says that this is because of implant, then she would give symptomatic treatment and usually this improves over a period of time.In case it’s not due to implant, it would be Acute Infective Diarrhea.Usually it responds to treatment with in 5 days of antibiotics like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole.I also add a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone to my patients.Probiotics containing Lactobacillus helps a lot.Maintain proper hydration.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy