Got kicked hard in the ankle

Patient

Q: Hi, A few weeks ago, close to a month ago, I was playing soccer and I was kicked very hard on my left ankle. It hurt very bad and I struggled to walk. However the ankle did not bruise or swell. It still hurts to this day. And then, just a few days ago during another one of my soccer games, I stepped weirdly and it began to hurt even worse. Still it is not bruised or even swollen but it kills to walk on especially when going down stairs. What happened?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have got a sprain in your left ankle. It healed partially and it got sprained again. It requires rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C is helpful in recovery.
Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.