Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Got sick 3 hours after take contraceptive pill ovranette.

Got sick 3 hours after take contraceptive pill ovranette.

Patient: Hi,i am taking the contraceptive pill ovranette. i take is same time every day.I am near the end of this months pack i only have couple days left but on friday evening when i took it i got sick 3 hours after taking it because of something i ate. i then stupidly when on to have unprotected sex that night with my boyfriend. i was very worried next morning and read the leaflet that came with the packet. it said if you get sick within 4 hours of taking it. it will not work. so it told me to take 2 pills next time im due my next pill then follow on as normal but do not take the 7 day break. so yesterday evening i took the 2 pills and 4 1/2 hours later i got sick as somtimes the pill makes me feel sick but very rarely. i am now worried that it was not long enough in my systm to work. what do i do from hear. i am vey concerned.

Symptoms: Hi,
i am taking the contraceptive pill ovranette. i take is same time every day.I am near the end of this months pack i only have couple days left but on friday evening when i took it i got sick 3 hours after taking it because of something i ate. i then stupidly when on to have unprotected sex that night with my boyfriend. i was very worried next morning and read the leaflet that came with the packet. it said if you get sick within 4 hours of taking it. it will not work. so it told me to take 2 pills next time im due my next pill then follow on as normal but do not take the 7 day break. so yesterday evening i took the 2 pills and 4 1/2 hours later i got sick as somtimes the pill makes me feel sick but very rarely. i am now worried that it was not long enough in my systm to work. what do i do from hear. i am vey concerned.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you are into the third week of the 21 pack pill, then once you became sick after ea ting something, it was right on your part to take 2 pills the next day to maintain contraception. It is suggested that as you got sick again on the next day, you should continue the pack with the single pill as you use to take. Now that you have had unprotected intercourse with your partner, considering the fact that ovulation is inhibited by oral contraceptive pills, then chances of pregnancy are minimal.You may take the 7 days break after finishing the pack, when your menses shall resume, which would further confirm that you are not pregnant. Just take a single pill daily till you finish the pack.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards