Got testosterone checked and looking for a second opinion because of symptoms

Patient: Hi, I have been experiencing testicle shrinkage and the feeling like I have been kicked in the balls. During sex I get ED and become limp. I am experiencing mood swings and hair thinning “a lot”. I went to my doc to get my testosterone checked and total testosterone came back at 3.23. The doc said this is normal. I am looking for a second opinion

Symptoms: Testicle shrinking, testies are sore ‘hurt’, hair loss, mood swings, memory loss

Doctor: Thank you for your questionThere are two issues and they may or may not be related.The first is the issue of er ectile dysfunction. This is defined as a difficulty in maintaining or obtaining an erection. While stress and age plays a role, factors that effect circulation such as smoking, diabetes, cholesterol and nerve damage have to be considered. This can be investigated with a simple blood test and physical exam.While you indicated your testosterone levels are in the normal range, your symptoms may suggest a testosterone deficiency. They also suggest a hormone deficiency such as thyroid hormone. A trial of testosterone therapy in low dose can be considered even if your levels are normal as long as other hormone deficiencies have been ruled out.In summary, further tests should be done and if normal, a trial of testosterone therapy can be considered in addition to healthy lifestyle changes.