Grandmother possible using cough medicine to put my child to sleep.

Q: My daughter is 4 years old and has been repeatedly saying that her grandmother is giving her cough syrup to make her go to sleep. Every time she returns from her visitation at 6 pm she is tired and sleeps for over an hour . She never takes naps at home and her bedtime isn't until 10pm. Is there any way that a hospital or doctors office can check to see if there is cough medicine with codeine in her system when she comes home? I am really worried that they could be giving her more than she should have ( especially when she doesn't need it) and I'm worried about what it could do to her.

Symptoms:  Irritated, extremely angry, kicks, bites, screams,does not act normally,sleeps for over an hour.