Green colored stool, Is it due to gastritis?

Patient

Q: I have been having green stools when i havve a bowel movement. should i have concern

Doctor

A:   Greenish colored stools could indicate a fast intestinal transit time causing bile to appear in the stools, thus its greenish color. This is normally an isolated event and you should not be too concerned. Other cause could include ingestion of green vegetables in the diet such as broccoli, lettuce, spinach or products containing iron. If the greenish stool is accompanied with pain abdomen and fever, I would advise that you see your doctor for a physical examination and stool studies. I wish you the best.