Green motions for seven months old baby

Patient

Q: My baby was 7 months old, she is suffering from green and loose motions 3-5 times a day, but she is very active , what was the reson and any precautions?

Doctor

A:   If the green colour of her stools and the habit of passing motions 3 to 5 times a day is different from what she normally has, she needs to be examined by her doctor to rule out any problems. Usually feeding on formula foods may give different colour to the stools which is considered normal. As long as the baby is happy and active, feeding properly, it may not be concerning.