Green mucus when not sick

Q: According to the internet, snot is only supposed to be green when you're sick, but mine is always green - I've never, in my life (I'm 36), not had dark green mucus. Right now, or example, I feel perfectly healthy, but my nose is full of dark green mucus. What's up?

Symptoms:  Dark green nasal mucus

A:   Thank you for your question. Dark green mucus associated with symptoms of sinus congestion, runny nose, cough are associated bacterial upper respiratory tract infections, and sinusitis. In the absence of any symptoms, then it is likely that your mucus naturally has this particular color. Mucus is composed primarily of water and glycoproteins and can vary in color and consistency from person to person. Since you are healthy, this should not be a cause for concern.

Thank you for consulting