Greetings I'm an track athlete that sprints I compete in

Q: Greetings I'm an track athlete that sprints. I compete in the 100m and 200m I'm 5'7-5'9 height and I weigh about 150lbs also my body type is muscular , I have been training for many years and I have always had this problem ,like for example: I train Monday doing a few sprints the following day I'll feel wornout even if Monday workout wasn't very hard then the day after that I feel even worst you see where I'm going right ? I don't know whats the problem And I'm not injuried or anything , plus I ice my legs a few time in the week so what would you recommend ?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you are not eating well. This can be causing you to not recover well and the protein loss from the body is not being replaced. I recommend that you increase the intake of protein to 2 gm per kg of body weight. If you are still tired, there may other factors like inadequate sleep. Please see a Doctor to reach the conclusion. All the best.

Hope this helps you.