164 Physicians Online

Growth Issues in 15 year old girl

I am a 15 years old , birthday in december 95 , girl. My height has been bothering me since i was 14 years old. I had my puberty when I was 9. But I don't seem to have ''growth spurt'' at all when I was 6 years old , my height was 114 cm , now I'm only a mere 156 cm. Help! is it because I didn't sleep enough?? (due to school work I sleep almost 4 hours every week day) If I start to kick my bad habit off , will it help my growth in height??

Getting sleep is definitely more important. You should be sleeping at least eight hours a day and it will probably help your growth.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA