Growth problems.

Patient : Hi, am very depressed, and this seems to be a common problem now. I am reaching 20 years now, and i think i have undergone the primary stage of puberty, but not the secondary. My facial hair is very slow, grows noticeably once in 2 to 3 days after shaving. also my voice hasn't cracked, causing severe day to day problems. I have put off consulting a doctor since 4 years, just listening to people telling me 'It will happen be patient'. But now i cannot wait anymore, because i cannot be the odd one out in my class. The class is designed for grown men i suppose, so i feel insecure and inferior. Interacting with the teachers n students is hard. So having said this, i want to know about the different techniques available to improve the growth rate. I know every doctor says there is no way to do it, but there has to be a way. Can you take testosterone or choline? will it help, is it available for the public? Is there any type of a doctor i can consult? Everyday is hell, so Ill be frank with you. Please do not tell me what everybody says. I cannot and don't want to wait anymore, i have aspirations n things to do. i cannot give a class speech or participate in many events. many people go by the looks and treat me like a kid, though mentally am an adult. so please tell me something i need to know bout any of the techniques or way to solve this. Sadly i started smoking 3 years ago, n now everybody also add that it is most probably because i wanted to show off and be like everybody else, but i have other reasons for that. I am well built actually, around 5 ft 10 inch and weigh 75kgs. am also trying to quit smoking and am under some medication, Bupron 150mg since 4 to 6 months. pls help
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: On my home tonight while driving my car, I pulled over and read a message in my car. I ended up sitting in my car for...

Q: My kid is exibiting poor behavior due to consumming suger in large amounts. When his diet is controlled he is fine. H...

Q: How to help my 13 year old girl to grow higher We are concern about my 13 year old daughter growth, (born in Novembe...

Q: I have found two small bumps on my vagina but i have yet to have sex and nor have i shaved down there. But im still a...

Q: I am a 19 year old female and there are a couple of small(about nickle) sized lumps in my butt crack , they hurt if p...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon