Growth related question

Patient

Q: Hello, I am 6"7 and at the age of 16, I have always grown steadily but I was just woundering, is there any chance that I might have acromegaly?

Doctor

A:   You are still in the growing process, Acromegaly occurs when the person has finished the normal growing period but still have growth factors circulating due to a glandular problem and these factors make the extremities (hands, feet) and face( jaw and frontal bone) keep growing , giving them a deformed appearance, this does not happen with the  long bones because they have already closed the growing plates.