Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Growth similar to wart.

Growth similar to wart.

Patient: For about 10 years, I have had a growth on my thumb. I do not know if it is a wart, but I doubt it is due to treatments not getting rid of it. It isn’t painful. Just curious as to what it could be.

Symptoms: None.

Growth similar to wart.-1

Doctor: Thank you for your question. This growth on your thumb appears to be a callous. Warts tend to be more rough, and not as raised as this. However, a closer examination should be made to make sure it is not a wart. In either circumstance, it can easily be surgically removed with a low risk of it recurring. Please see your doctor for further evaluation and possible removal.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com