Gyecomastia treatment.

Patient : I am 17 years old, and i have been suffering from gyecomastia since i was around 10-11 thats about 6-7 years. Ive read it usealy goes away within months to 2-3 years that doesnt match my siuation im scared that it will never go away. And im tierd of waiting. What do i do ? Should i waut till i have a complete beard to see if it will go away or sould i go ahead amd find medical treatments ?
Symptoms:  Enlargment of the brest.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Gynecomastia can be caused hormonal imbalances in males, which lead to the enlargement of b reast tissue. This can be observed in conditions such as delayed puberty, or other endocrine illnesses which cause decreased levels of testosterone. We do not recommend that you wait but go to your doctor to have a full assessment performed. You will need to have blood drawn in order to measure you hormone levels to see what is the cause of your gynecomastia. Once diagnosed, you can be give medication to treat this condition. Please see your doctor. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: On my home tonight while driving my car, I pulled over and read a message in my car. I ended up sitting in my car for...

Q: My kid is exibiting poor behavior due to consumming suger in large amounts. When his diet is controlled he is fine. H...

Q: How to help my 13 year old girl to grow higher We are concern about my 13 year old daughter growth, (born in Novembe...

Q: I have found two small bumps on my vagina but i have yet to have sex and nor have i shaved down there. But im still a...

Q: I am a 19 year old female and there are a couple of small(about nickle) sized lumps in my butt crack , they hurt if p...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon