Gyecomastia treatment.

Q: I am 17 years old, and i have been suffering from gyecomastia since i was around 10-11 thats about 6-7 years. Ive read it usealy goes away within months to 2-3 years that doesnt match my siuation im scared that it will never go away. And im tierd of waiting. What do i do ? Should i waut till i have a complete beard to see if it will go away or sould i go ahead amd find medical treatments ?

Symptoms:  Enlargment of the brest.

A:   Thank you for your question. Gynecomastia can be caused hormonal imbalances in males, which lead to the enlargement of breast tissue. This can be observed in conditions such as delayed puberty, or other endocrine illnesses which cause decreased levels of testosterone. We do not recommend that you wait but go to your doctor to have a full assessment performed. You will need to have blood drawn in order to measure you hormone levels to see what is the cause of your gynecomastia. Once diagnosed, you can be give medication to treat this condition. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting