Gynaceology assesement on ultrasound medical examination

Patient

Q: My ultrasound findings report shows thus:
UTERUS: The uterus is bulky in size,normal in outline and of homogenous myometrial echotexture.The endometrial cavity habours a well defined gestational sac with normal decidual reaction and a yolk sac.
GSD = 62.6mm
GA = 12 weeks 5 days +/-1week
EDD = 21th september,2015 +/-1week
fetal pole and heartbeat is seen at this time

ADNEXEA : Both adnexae are within normal limits

POD : No fluids seen in the POD
IMPRESSION : An Ongoing gestation at 12 weeks 5 days +/-1 week
A REPEAT SCAN IN 4 WEEKS IS ADVISED.

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Firstly, Congratulations on getting pregnant!
About your reports, they are perfect, the gestational age corresponds perfectly with the uterus. Fetal heartbeat is normally noticed first around 12 weeks, and it is already present.
So, the fetus is healthy and you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this was helpful,