Gynecologist test results

Patient: Himy name is Linda im 35 years old, i was planing to have a baby and i had a test by Gynecologist and and theresult was :Uterns looks normal in size and shape ,and Echogenicity, the posterior uterine wall shows intramural fibroid of 15 mm diameter, endometrial thickness = 16mm, the endometrial show tow hyperechoic shadows the largest one of 14 * 10mm size suspected to be endometrial polyps..Both ovaries are normal with evidence of one mature follicles of 17 mm size at left ovary..Clear Cul-De-sac.im a freed from the surgery plz i need ur answer .

Gynecologist test results-1

Doctor: Endometrial polyps are outgrowths from the endometrium which is the lining of your uterus (womb). These are sign of unco ntrolled estrogenic stimulation of the endometrium. A hysteroscopy that is a uterine cavity check with a thin telescope like device followed by excision of the polyps is what is generally recommended as treatment in cases such as yours. This is a perfectly safe procedure and is sometimes even performed under conscious sedation in the doctor’s office. Depending on the other suspected conditions such as polycystic ovaries etc. your doctor may also recommend a combination of hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. A laparoscopy is an operation that looks at your uterus, tubes and ovaries using a telescope like device introduced through your belly button.From fertility point of view, these operations are recommended. I hope you find this information useful. Discuss your doubts and fears thoroughly with your gynecologist before the surgery. Equipped with knowledge and facts I am sure you will feel more comfortable undergoing the operation.