Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Had a scan for lower pelvic pain/ overies Pulling sensation!

Had a scan for lower pelvic pain/ overies Pulling sensation!

Patient: Had a scan.for lower pelvic pain/ overies. Pulling sensation! Thay can’t find my.overies? I.had radiotherapy on.them 30 years ago as part of breast cancer treatment

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,With history of radiotherapy to the pelvis, it has to be understood that the pelvis c an form multiple adhesions and can be plastered. This is the possible reason why ovaries cannot be seen and the tugging pain that you are experiencing is probably due to stretch in intrapelvic adhesions. You should opt for an MRI scan rather for a better picture.Regards