Had a tubal for the last 7 years

Q: I am 32 years old and I've had a tubal for the last 7 years. I've had 2 children and my then husband talked me into doing because I didn't want any more. Since then I've been divorced and remarried. My current husband has no children and never really wanted any. Well after being together and then getting married in the last year he has changed his mind and now wants a baby. And I would give him a child in a heartbeat. What are my options? Is a reversal in the cards? If so, does insurance cover it? Next question in vitro is that a possibility? And could insurance cover that or is it cash only....we definitely want it to be our baby my egg his sperm.

A:   Thank you for question. You have several options before you if you want to get pregnant after a tubal ligation. Yes, it is possible to reverse a tubal ligation but it depends on your age, the type of tubal ligation you had, and the overall health of your ovaries. Tubal ligation reversal is a surgical procedure and it depends on your your personal insurance coverage, if it will be covered. In vitro fertilization is also a possibility as well. Your specific insurance questions should be directed to your insurance company as coverage is different from company to company throughout the world.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Guest: I have ny last periods on 18th june but they were not like ever.. on 1st day they were as dey are on 3rd day uasually.. and on 2nd day more less .. and on 3rd day not even a spot.. on 4th day in evening just single spot was there.. as usually every time its good enougf tilll 4th day.. then frm 5th it gets lesser n so on ...and now m having lots of symptoms of pregnancy I have tested last morning with strip it was -ve.. now m confused is there any chances that m pregnant or not.. m 6 months married