Had abortion in June, still haven't had period

Q: Ok, here's the issue I've been having. My last period started on May 11 and lasted until the 14. I found out on June 19, that I was about 6 weeks pregnant. Being as we are in a difficult situation financially and already have 2 kids, we decided the best option for us was an abortion. On June 20, I took the first dose of the medical abortion pills and on June 21, I took the second. I went in for my followup on July 10 and was told that my pregnancy test results were negative. I was given a sample of Lo Loestrin Fe, which I started taking on July 12. Around July 25, I started have brown colored spotting that lasted until August 4. However, August 1 was the last day I took the pill because I was having the spotting.

It's now August 27 and I still haven't had a "real period" yet and I'm terrified that I may be pregnant again. I took a pregnancy test at home on the 25, and it came back as negative. I had gone in yesterday for my annual Pap and told the doctor all this, but he wouldn't do a test there because he said it was probably my hormones and stress causing it to be late. Is he right?

I don't really know what else to do and it's been giving me really bad anxiety, to the point of where I don't want to eat and constantly feel nauseous, which is also probably another cause that my period is late. How long should I wait before going back to the doctor to get checked out? It's gotten to the point of where I don't even want to have sex with my husband because I am afraid of being pregnant or getting pregnant. I have tried other forms of birth control, and had some bad reactions to them, so I am a bit at a loss of what else I can do.

Symptoms:  No period, negative pregnancy test