Had my had twisted in car engine trying to reach

Q: Had my had twisted in car engine trying to reach a bolt. Next day wrist was sore. Over the next week it started become more sore til it started burning and stinging from my thumb to my the vein in my wrist (plam side) now it's been kinda popping and getting stuck where I can't move it And I have pop it back in or force bend my thumb then it pops back in. It's a burning stinging feeling. There's not really any deformity slight bump where I feel the it pops out.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have a muscle strain or a ligament tear. If there is not severe movement disability, you should not worry too much. I recommend that you start on RICE therapy to help you.

RICE is:
Rest the area do not strain it or make the injury worse
Ice the area for 15 mins at a time every hour
Compress the area to reduce the swelling with a crepe bandage
Elevate the wrist under 2 pillows to help reduce the swelling

Also, add in 2 tablets of Paracetamol to help you with the swelling. Hope this helps you. All the best.