August 20, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Had my period on the 6th of April for 7

Had my period on the 6th of April for 7

Patient: Had my period on the 6th of April for 7 days, then from the 20th of April i have been spotting pink/brown discharge up to this day, why is this?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intermenstrual spotting can be seen due to causes like duri ng ovulation or in other days due to hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion, cervical polyp, post-coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.By examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal and thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care