Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Had sex 1/29/15 took a plan b pill I got my period on 2/15/15

Had sex 1/29/15 took a plan b pill I got my period on 2/15/15

Patient: Had sex 1/29/15 took a plan b pill I got my period 2/15/15….I was stupid again and had sex on 2/23/15…took another plan b had another period that lasted 3 days on 2/25-2/28..&I haven’t had another period since…what’s wrong?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Consuming emergency contraception frequently, almost 2 consecutive cycles, can cause se vere hormonal changes in the body. It can delay the cycles or even lead to an early cycle, some women even miss 2 cycles in a row. It can also cause very heavy or milder bleeding than usual.Hence emergency pills are only for occasional use. Wait for your cycles, in case you do not get them in a week’s time, do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. It looks more likely to be a side effect of the pill. Consult a gynecologist for regularizing your cycles.Hope this helped.Regards