Had sex 2 days after my period

Patient

Q: I had sex 2 days after my period with my husband and we didnt use protection can i get pregnant ?

Symptoms:  none yet
Doctor

A:   Typically a woman has several days at the beginning of her menstrual cycle when she is infertile (pre-ovulatory infertility), a period of fertility, and then several days just before the next menstruation of no fertility (post-ovulatory infertility). These periods when pregnancy is not possible are described as the "safe period". Usually, days 1 to 7 and day 21 to rest of the cycle is calculated as "Safe Period" or "safe days" for individuals with regular 26-32 days cycles. Unless your cycles are short, of less than 23 days it is highly unlikely that you could be pregnant due to intercourse during the first 2 days after your period.
Having said that, I must mention that using the safe period as a method of contraception is highly unreliable especially in the modern era of newer and safer contraceptive methods.