Had sex during periods

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor. I had an unprotected sex with my girlfriend when she was having her periods and after having sex i gave her i-pill within 4 hrs. Next day her periods stopped and after 2-3 days she again had her periods. It continued for 2-3 days and then stopped. Is there any possibility to get pregnant. If yes what should i do next?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
When the girl is having her period & is still bleeding the chances of a conception after having unprotected sex during that time frame are almost meek. Since you have given her an i-pill which has a hormone like progesterone, it caused the bleeding to stop. Once these hormonal levels dropped in the body in 2-3 days it caused her to bleed again. These are the side effects of the I pill. The chances of a probable conception are quite low.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.