x
157 Physicians Online

Question:

Had sex for the first time.

Dear Doctor, Hi I'm alexx. I'm 15 and I had sex for the first time today. We actually had sex 3 times tonight. He didn't wear a condom or pull out. And i'm not on birth control. But the thing is my period doesn't come on time. So when should i take a pregnancy test?

Answer:

Periods usually take 2 years to become regular once you start menstruating, and your ovulation become regular after that. Thus it is difficult to determine whther you may or may not be pregnant, and the sooner you can take a pregnancy test and get a more accurate result atleast seven days after your expected date of ovulation. Since your periods and ovulation are irregular, you may estimate your menstrual date by approximately taking an average of of the previous 3 cycles. You still have the option of taking an emergency pill like Plan B, which is effective and  can be taken up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex.

Guest Says: Since you have started your periods there is a chance of getting pregnant but hopefully you weren't unlucky to be ovulating, And your boyfriend by doing it 3 times, not wearing a condom (Which is stupid) and also not pulling out means you got all of his semen ... Tell your boyfriend next time that just because he doesn't like condom doesn't mean he doesn't wear one ... tell him that you don't like being pregnant!!!

xxx

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA