Had three ectopic pregnancies achieved through iac

Patient

Q: Hi, i had three ectopic pregnancies achieved through iac. The first two treated with methotrexate they didnt see where the pregnancy was and the third one surgery with right tube removal. Before the third pregnancy i had a laparoscopy to see what was wrong they found some tissue on my right tube but didnt remove it as they removed the tissue and test it. They found also endomentriosis stage two which was burned. My doc says to me i have to keep trying with iac, but i'm very scared.i need a second opinion.

Doctor

A:   Women with ectopic pregnancies who are treated conservatively either with with methotrexate or with salpingostomy (where the tube is not entirely removed) have a chance of recurrence of an ectopic pregnancy of nearly 20 - 25% especially after 2 or more ectopics.
Since you have already had 3 ectopics in the past, In-vitro fertilization (IVF) or test tube baby treatment offers you a safer bet of an intrauterine pregnancy. In IVF treatment the embryos (fertilized eggs) are placed in the uterus (womb) directly thereby greatly diminishing the chances of an ectopic pregnancy. Having said that, it does not mean chances of an ectopic with IVF are nil but it would definitely be better than other more natural methods.
Discuss your case with a fertility specialist to know about the various options available to you.